Romans 10:9 has to be the most misinterpreted scripture in the Bible, when it comes to certain ”churches”. Some tend to believe and are quite convinced this is the process of ones salvation. However, this is actually the first step to ones salvation.
1. It is by grace that we have been saved, not by our works (Eph2:8).
· We all can agree Jesus did the work, we do not ”earn” salvation. Nevertheless, we still have things to do to RECEIVE the free gift.
· Some argue that baptism isn’t necessary. Therefore, contradicting the words that JESUS CHRIST spoke…..He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved..(Mark 16:16). So baptism is necessary. However, it wasn’t stated in this scripture. Why? Because it is not the plan of salvation, it is the first step to it.
2. Confession proves ones belief, but confession LEADS to salvation, it doesn’t complete it….”With the mouth confession is made UNTO salvation”(Romans 10:10)
Once one believes and confesses Jesus as Lord, they are not saved, they’ve made their spirits available for Christ to enter them.
· ”Now if any man have not the spirit of Christ, he is none of his.” (Romans 8:9)
– Spirit of Christ = Holy Spirit. Which was the prophecy spoken of in Joel 2, which was fulfilled in Acts 2.
On the day of Pentecost (Acts 2) the Holy Spirit came; After the ascension of Christ, therefore his spirit. It was evident by others because of the tongues they spoke. Tongues is the INITIAL evidence of the Holy Ghost, after that the fruit of the spirit proves it is working (See Galatians 5). Peter and the apostles stood up and preached a sermon to the men who came around to watch. At the end, the men BELIEVED every word and wanted to be saved. They knew their belief wasn’t enough so they asked WHAT DO WE DO?!
(Acts 2:38) Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the NAME of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
After Christ left the scene, he gave his disciples the truth, the Holy Spirit so they can teach others. THIS was the plan for salvation. Repentance, Jesus name baptism (not titles), and the infilling of the Holy Ghost with the EVIDENCE of speaking in tongues.
The apostolic church is the only church is the only church that baptizes and says in Jesus name. Others do titles according to Matthew 28:19. However they are false because they fail to realize Jesus is the father, the son, and the spirit. He was manifested in different forms but he is NOT a trinity.
For proof of this check: Deu 6:4; Isaiah 43:11, Zech14:9, John 1:14, 1 Timothy 3:16.
Some say if Jesus is God, who was in Heaven while he came down? According to Jesus, in John 3:13, he said while on EARTH, ”even the Son of Man which is in Heaven”.
The trinity, cogic, baptist, nondenominational doesn’t line up COMPLETELY with scripture. If it’s half truth, it is a complete lie. Paul said any man or angel preaching another doctrine, let him be accursed (Gal1:8).
I urge you to study this if you don’t believe me, if possible find the nearest Apostolic- Pentecostal church where you can find the truth. Don’t believe what parents or leaders say if it is contrary to scripture. God bless you.