Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. (2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV)
– When we believe on Jesus, get baptized in his name and receive the Holy Spirit, we are apart of his body!
– We are now in Christ, so we are new creatures. We receive a fresh start. God forgives us of our sins and gives us the chance to walk and live right.
We should never believe that God is trying to condemn us. God is a God of wrath but he is also a God of forgiveness and a God of restoration!
– If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9 KJV).
– God forgives those who are bold enough to admit their sin and confess.
– Not those who just say sorry, but those who genuinely have the desire for change.
Of course God doesn’t approve of any sin we commit, but he surely will help us out of our rough situations.
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. (Romans 6:4 KJV)
– God didn’t command baptism just for us to get wet and say “hey, I’m now a Christian.”
– Baptism was symbolic of our bodies dying to our old natures. Having our sins forgiven.
– You’ve been baptized, now receive the spirit and let Christ live THROUGH you!
– You should do your best to live differently. Not just different, but holy.
You will never become who God intends for you to be without total reliance on Christ!
– If you listen to man and don’t seek God, you will change, but you won’t be who God intended you to be.
– You can never overcome sin until you fully depend on God. Otherwise you will overcome some, but not the ones you are comfortable with. Even then, you’ll develop pride, thinking you can do it all by yourself.
One thing we must all learn to do is to STOP trying to please people!
– We can do so much and people will find a reason to start a problem with us.
– If you aren’t in school, they say you’re worthless. If you’re in school and have to miss a service to finish a project, you’re a sinner. Tell me something, do you really want to be a man pleaser or do you want to please God? Jesus Christ presents abundant life to you and me freely, let’s live for him!
– People, even the ones in church, will judge you. You have to know why you do, what you do. Don’t let people distract you from your dreams. Please God, don’t worry about them!
For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. (Galatians 1:10 KJV)
If you haven’t given your life to Christ, I suggest that you do it today while you have the chance. Tomorrow isn’t promised to you. Today is the day to repent, today is the day to be baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and to receive the Holy Ghost!
“Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.” (Anon)
Be encouraged. Don’t let your joy be taken away by people or situations. Know that in the eyes of God, you’re his child. Be blessed, and remember to share this!
– Tovares Grey