Have you ever felt lost? Confused about a decision you have to make in your life? Whether it being a major in school, a career, who to marry, the list goes on and on.
It is very normal for a person to feel lost. Sometimes you do everything and still in the end you feel empty or lonely. The problem is not that we are lost, the question is, what are we using to find our direction?
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. (Proverbs 3:5, 6 KJV)
– The bible, to some, is unnecessary. Some do not see why they must read it. However, no matter what time or age it is, the bible is still relevant and accurate.
– Scriptures take effect in our lives if we are obedient.
– This scripture says trust in God with all of your heart and do not lean to your own understanding. We all have at some point, done things ourselves. We are either smart or wise because we have made bad mistakes and learn from them. Therefore, we sometimes just make decisions our own because we believe we can handle them without having to “bother” Jesus or pray about it.
– If we live our lives based off our heart and emotions, we will live very unstable and unfulfilling lives. For example, one person may say I want to earn 1 million dollars. After they get it, they aim for 5. After that they will aim for more. Proving money wasn’t their goal, it’s just human nature to want “more”. However, no earthly thing can fill the gap in our hearts that only Jesus is able to satisfy.
“The human heart is the most deceitful of all things,
and desperately wicked.
Who really knows how bad it is? (Jeremiah 17:9 NLT)
– We know that the bible does not lie. Which is why we must really understand this verse.
– Ever seen a humble guy just snap one day? (For example: Quiet kids who do random shootings at school). It is not because they were always mentally unstable, but no one can understand their heart. It is a very evil thing.
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. (Psalm 51:10 KJV)
Do NOT, I repeat do NOT, follow your emotions. Follow Jesus Christ!
– Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6 KJV). Jesus did not say he was “a way” but “the way”. He is our way to salvation and he is the only one who can direct us in the right path.
– Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. (Hebrews 13:8 KJV). Jesus Christ never changes. We must follow him, because our emotions are surely not stable.
I am fully aware that because of our busy schedules, it is not as easy to find time to spend quality time in the word of God.
– It does not matter how busy we are though, we have to make time to be in the bible because that is our guide!
– Anyone to busy for God, is just too busy.
– The devil does not have to make you sin. If he can get you to not spend time with God, he has done a good job.
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. (Psalm 119:105 KJV)
– We are in a dark world, and we will stumble around if we don’t walk with our lights.
– We must keep the light in our hearts and minds so that we will always walk in the will of God.
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. (Psalm 119:11 KJV)
It is true that sometimes we are really in the will of God, but with all of our problems it seems that He is extremely distant from us.
– That does not mean God has forgotten. Sometimes God is silent to see what you will do.
– Teachers do not help you during your exams. Parents sometimes move out of the way to give their infant the chance to walk alone. If they keep holding the baby, it will never learn!
Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him: On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him: But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. (Job 23:8-10 KJV)
If God says no to something, do not feel rejected. God is just redirecting you. Jesus is with us step-by-step, but you will only know that if you know his word.
Jesus does not want us to just “hear of Him”. Jesus wants us to experience Him! We cannot live off of the testimonies of others, it is time to find out who is the real God.
I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee. (Job 42:5 KJV)
Let’s decide today to spend more time to seek God in His word.
Continue to press. Do not procrastinate, you do not want to die a slow spiritual death. Never give up! His word is our bread, we need it to live!
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. (Matthew 4:4 KJV)