Love is a word that is often misused and misunderstood. I believe part of the reason why we have so many ruined relationships are because people do not actually know what it means to love. Sometimes a person uses the word to get something from you, or because you are just close at the time.
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. (1 John 4:8)
– God is love. True genuine, unconditional love is from God.
– God doesn’t even love to get something from us, He simply loves because of who He is.
– Love gives and doesn’t demand anything in return. However, after experiencing the love, it causes a reaction in you to do something in return.
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)
– God hates sin, but he took on sin(flesh) to save humanity.
– When a King can come off of his throne to rescue a world from eternity in Hell, that is true love.
Worship is love responding to love. (Anonymous)
– Worship is not just what we do in service to music, it is who we are when we wake up everyday of our lives.
– Everyone worships. Some worship Jesus, some worship things. Living a devoted life to Christ shows our love to Him.
– If ye love me, keep my commandments. (John 14:15)
What are the characteristics of love?
Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. (1 Corinthians 13:4-7 NLT)
What isn’t love?
– When people gossip and slander others. (Proverbs 10:18)
– Counting faults and not forgiving. (1 Peter 4:8 and Matthew 18:21-22)
– Being selfish and wanting to please yourself before helping others. (Romans 12:10)
– Discord sowers : People who go around telling things about people causing others to dislike them.
– A temporary emotion.
As children of God, we should act like God. Sadly, so often Christians possess qualities that God said he hates:
There are six things the LORD hates—
no, seven things he detests: haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that kill the innocent, a heart that plots evil,
feet that race to do wrong, a false witness who pours out lies,
a person who sows discord in a family. (Proverbs 6:16-19 NLT)
That is why we have to seek God daily because in our hearts are things that we try to hide but God sees them.
So many end up in relationships with people who don’t love God.
– Marriages by non-Christians sometimes last longer than marriages in the church. That’s because some people are in church but yet they have not allowed love to be in there hearts.
– You can be in a relationship and it may seem well, but whenever someone doesn’t love God, they can never love you the way you should be loved.
– Everyone is human, but a person with the love of God in them knows what it means to forgive, be patient, and to walk with someone.
– If you have to disobey God to “prove your love”, that isn’t the relationship to be in. If you have to compromise your purity, that isn’t love, that is lust.
Whether people show love to you or not, it is your responsibility to love them. That was a command by Jesus.
– But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; (Matthew 5:44)
– Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good. (Romans 12:21)
Salvation is a free gift today to everyone that believes and decides to follow Jesus.
– For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: (Ephesians 2:8)
– Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. (Acts 2:38)
Ignore the devil’s lies and accept God’s truth.
– If the devil says you’re worthless, remind Him that Jesus thinks you’re to die for.
– If you ever feel ugly, remind yourself that you’re fearfully and wonderfully made. You are God’s masterpiece. See Psalm 139:14 and Ephesians 2:10.
– If you ever feel condemned, remember Jesus convicts us so we can repent, but He doesn’t condemn his children. See Romans 8:1
– When the enemy says you’ll never overcome that temptation, remind yourself that Jesus provides a way of escape and his grace is sufficient to see you through. See 1 Corinthians 10:13 & 2 Corinthians 12:9
– When you fall and feel as though you cannot get up or no one is there is to help you, remember that Jesus is there to guide you. See Psalms 37:23-24
When you feel lonely and want to settle with just any man/woman you see, remind yourself you are better than that. Jesus has someone for you if you wait. Jesus completes you, not a husband/wife. See Colossians 2:9-10
God bless you, and always remember, Jesus loves you.
– Tovares Grey