There are three types of people in this world.
1. People going into a storm
2. People that are in a storm
3. People that are coming out of a storm
It is not strange for a person to experience hard times. Even those we see and believe are rich, we do not understand their pain, or the hardships that they experience.
Problems are going to arise regardless, but there is a way to get out of them: praising and trusting God while you’re in the storm.
Read 2 Chronicles 20.
In this story, many rose up against Jehoshaphat to kill him and all of Judah. He couldn’t escape it. However, in his fear, he didn’t run away, he prayed.
– And Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself to seek the Lord, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah. (Verse 3)
– We cannot escape the trials that come our way. However, the first thing/person we should turn to is Jesus Christ. He can deliver you.
As they prayed and sought God, the answer came:
Then upon Jahaziel the son of Zechariah, the son of Benaiah, the son of Jeiel, the son of Mattaniah, a Levite of the sons of Asaph, came the Spirit of the Lord in the midst of the congregation; And he said, Hearken ye, all Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem, and thou king Jehoshaphat, Thus saith the Lord unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God’s. To morrow go ye down against them: behold, they come up by the cliff of Ziz; and ye shall find them at the end of the brook, before the wilderness of Jeruel. Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the Lord with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the Lord will be with you. (2 Chronicles 20:14-17 KJV)
God simply told them that they don’t need to worry, because the battle belongs to Him.
– When life gets rough we often try to defend ourselves and fight back. However, some battles were made for us to prove God. If we ever begin to rely on God, life would start to make more sense to us.
Read John 11
– Lazarus was dead. Jesus was a good friend of Lazarus, but he allowed it to happen.
– Martha didn’t understand why Jesus would let him die, but she didn’t understand why Jesus allowed it.
– Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead, after four days. After he was stinking, rotting, and everyone lost hope.
Sometimes we have to be in dead situations for God to get the glory:
– Atheist or non-believing home
– Poverty or low income
– Only Christian in your school
If we trust God, no matter how scary a situation is, God can deliver.
Back to Jehoshaphat:
And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the Lord your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper. And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the Lord, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the Lord; for his mercy endureth for ever. And when they began to sing and to praise, the Lord set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten. (2 Chronicles 20:20-22 KJV)
The only thing they had to do is give God praise and trust Him.
– God worked out the entire situation, because they had faith in him.
– No one had to fear, because they believed in their God.
Today, your praise can be used as a weapon as well.
– Their praise set up ambushments!
– When Joshua and the children of God shouted, the walls of Jericho came down.
– If the devil sends a million darts your way and instead of you crying, you start praising, I can guarantee he will be confused.
The other day a young boy at my church, Angel, was diagnosed with a brain tumor. They said surgery would make him become retarded, and no surgery will make him die. Very scary situation, if you don’t know your God. I was praying one night for him and God simply said “Shout with the voice of triumph” (Psalm 47:1). So I didn’t worry. Many others prayed, and now I can testify to the fact that Angel is healed and doing perfectly fine, without ever doing surgery! Not boasting about my prayer, just bragging on my God!
Today you may face something similar, or maybe bigger. However, we should never show God how big a problem is, we should show our problem how big our God is.
The devil can’t take much from a believer, but if he can get one to keep quiet, he has won a battle.
– Never lose your praise!
– When you say “Hallelujah”, the person next to you may receive some strength and gain the boldness to worship themselves.
– O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together. (Psalm 34:3 KJV)
The next time you have a barrier in front of you, pray! Whenever you have a wall you can’t get over, call on God! Whenever you find yourself in a dead situation, prophesy over the dry bones like Ezekiel!
So the people shouted when the priests blew with the trumpets: and it came to pass, when the people heard the sound of the trumpet, and the people shouted with a great shout, that the wall fell down flat, so that the people went up into the city, every man straight before him, and they took the city. (Joshua 6:20 KJV)
However you worship is your choice, but never let situations keep you silent. Whatever your situation is, trust God. I’m believing for you and praying for my readers. God bless you all.
– Tovares Grey