There will always be a time in someone’s life where they will fail at something. No one will always go through their life without troubles. You may lose a game in sports, you may fail an exam, and you may even be a devoted Christian that falls into sin.
Jesus is well aware that a Christian will go through temptation, hard trials, and will have many obstacles to overcome. He was God in human form, but the bible showed that He was well aware of life’s troubles.
– Read John 17, that was Jesus’ prayer for us.
– For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. (Hebrews 4:15)
Jesus overcame the world. His spirit within us now empowers us to overcome sin, temptation, and every trial.
If you struggle with any of the upcoming situations, let me just give you a few scriptures to uplift you.
– But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. (Isaiah 53:5)
– If you never been sick, how would you know that God is a healer?
• Low income:
– But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. (1 Timothy 6:6, 7, 10)
– I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. (Psalm 37:25)
– Money isn’t everything. Don’t serve God for a big bank account.
– For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7)
– There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. (1 John 4:18)
– When God is on your side, there is nothing to be afraid of.
• Feeling Condemned:
– There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. (Romans 8:1)
– Jesus convicts us so we can repent, the devil condemns so we can avoid the presence of God.
– The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way. (Psalm 37:23)
– Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
– We will never be sure of what to do unless we are aligned with God and allow Him to lead us.
• Sexual Temptation:
– There hath no temptation taken you but such as is COMMON to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. (1 Corinthians 10:13)
– Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8)
– If you feed into it, you will fall into it. That’s like digging a grave that you’ll eventually fall into. Starve it and it’ll die. Be careful what you listen to, watch, and entertain.
• Consistently falling into Sin:
– Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. (James 4:7)
– If you never submit to God, you will NEVER have the power to resist sin.
– But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; (Matthew 5:44)
– Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven. (Matthew 18:21- 22)
– Of course it gets annoying forgiving the same person over and over for the same reasons but forgiveness isn’t for them, it is for you. Not forgiving and being bitter is like drinking poison and expecting the next person to die.
People in the bible also had issues, but God used them!
– Timothy was too young.
– David stole a mans wife and had him killed.
– Paul used to kill Christians.
– Peter denied Jesus.
The list goes on and on.
You have your issues that need to be fixed, but stop trying to do it by yourself. Let Jesus fix it, you cannot do anything by yourself.
– Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. (John 15:4)
You are striving towards perfection, but you have to understand what perfection is. Biblical perfection speaks of maturity.
– This stage is where you are producing much fruit, see Galatians 5:22-23.
– This stage doesn’t mean you will have no fault. You are just less likely to sin because you rely on God more and you are very close to Him.
Stop beating yourself up. We are fighting from victory, not for victory. The battle is already won!
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. (Mark 13:13)
– Tovares Grey