Witchcraft, fornication and adultery, stealing, lying, gossiping, gambling, drinking or smoking, clubbing, insecurities, and maybe even rejection. Almost everyone in the world has fell into one of these categories. Whether we have participated in the act, or were forced into the act. However, the truth remains that everyone, has committed a sin, they have also done things they are surely not proud of, and everyone is broken in some way.
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, (Romans 3:23)
– Some use this as a scripture to justify their foolishness, I mean sin. However, this scripture is why we all need a savior, because we all have sinned.
– Sin is punishable by death, eternity in Hell. That’s why we all need Jesus!
– Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4:12)
Sin is a disease that spreads like leprosy.
– It starts on the inside and then slowly comes out of us. Once it reaches on the outside it spreads, and can even be contagious.
– Sin begins in our heart, not when we commit the action. If we meditate on a sin, eventually the body will do what the mind wants.
Temptation isn’t a sin. It is a sin when we yield to it.
We tend to point fingers when tempted, but the truth is, it is our own fault. The devil doesn’t give anyone evil desires. The only power he has, is the ability to tempt you. However, you won’t be lured away unless that’s your weakness.
– If you like short and black, he won’t send a man/woman that is tall and red.
– If you don’t have a stealing problem, he cannot tempt you with that.
– The devil studies us, and it is sad that he knows us better than we know ourselves. That’s because people refuse to admit their struggles.
When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death. (James 1:13-15)
We all have shortcomings, but that is a blessing.
– When we come to the realization that I can only overcome a sin when God helps me, then we will have a reason to pray.
– A thorn in our flesh will keep us humble. Knowing that we will fall unless we stay in the presence of God.
– If we all felt as though we were perfect, we wouldn’t want God.
Jesus came to set us free from the bondage of sin. Jesus knew it would be so hard for everyone to follow the law, and the law also made so many people self righteous.
The problem today is that people want to be saved from Hell, but not from sin.
– However, God doesn’t work that way.
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, (2 Corinthians 6:17)
Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: (Hebrews 12:14)
Do not get me wrong, Jesus is a loving and forgiving God, but he cannot tolerate sin.
– No man can hold God’s hand and then with the other hold the devils hand.
– You must choose a side.
– Jesus isn’t a fan of Lukewarm Christians, Revelation 3:16.
– Holiness is a requirement, not a suggestion.
I am a living testimony that God delivers us from everything that we want to be delivered from.
– It is true that many of us give God part of our lives and then try to control the others.
– Saying things like, “God take away the suicidal thoughts”, but we do not want to give up pornography.
– God wants our entire being, all of our heart. Not just what we feel is convenient.
Speaking for myself, I wanted God to take away everything from me, but I honestly didn’t want to give up lust. He’s worked on me in many areas but that one I didn’t want Him to touch, but handle myself. I’ve done things I’m not proud of, but I thank God I’m still a virgin and He didn’t allow me to go too far. Now the closer I get to Him is the more I see the need to give that up. That along with anything else that doesn’t please Him.
Our problem is, we think we can change ourselves. People outside of church say they are going to get their act together and then come to church. That is impossible! God changes us by His spirit and His word, we cannot do it by ourselves. Stop trying to do God’s job and let Him mold you into the person He designed you to be.
People come to me and say that they believe being a Christian is boring.
– It surely is, if you do not have a connection to God.
– It definitely looks that way when you see Christians living lukewarm lives.
– It surely doesn’t attract people when they see you in the club, cursing and half naked on social networks, and singing on the choir in church.
– It surely does look that way when people complain about what they don’t have, instead of being grateful for what God has already done.
Christians, it is time to seek God like never before and let His love transform us from the inside out.
If we really understood the love of God, we wouldn’t live the way we do. We indulge in sin, but sin is deceitful. Feels good but sucks the life out of us slowly. Trying to impress and fit in, but in the end you still have a longing that cannot be fulfilled. That’s because the things or people of this world, cannot fill the void that is meant for God!
– Love for God causes us to obey Him.
– If ye love me, keep my commandments. (John 14:15)
Jesus’ love made Him die for our sins. Don’t let His death be in vain in your life.
Give up sin, accept real life. Life in Christ!
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
His love has broken every spell over my life and I’m grateful for that, will you allow Him to do the same for you?
– Tovares Grey