Whether we all want to face reality or not, we will all die. Unless the rapture comes now and some of us go with Jesus, we will all most likely die. Some may see death as a terrible thing. Of course it is hard knowing you will never see some loved ones again, but that should not be the case. We should be happy knowing that person went home to be with The Lord. Unless that person didn’t know God or lived a careless lifestyle.
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. (John 3:5,7)
– The only people with a hope of eternal life are those that are born again. I know that is sad to say, but it isn’t my opinion, that’s what Jesus said.
– Born again= Baptized in Jesus name and filled with the Holy Spirit.
The Lord really laid this message on my heart during a prayer meeting at my church. What God spoke to me is what I hope we will all realize and take seriously, “Your today determines your eternity”.
One mistake I have made, and I believe many make, is to believe that God is just kidding. “Y.O.L.O” is an acronym that is quite popular in today’s generation, meaning You Only Live Once. Many Christians claim that’s false, but if you examine our lifestyles, we sometimes live as though Hell and Heaven are just fairy tales. We claim to love God and yet we deny or ignore Him on a daily basis. As if we are doing God a favor by going to church or obeying the bible.
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. (Galatians 6:7-8)
God is such a great boss, that He will never let a worker toil so hard and not give them the pay that they earned. Many bosses don’t pay equally and so many complain that their pay isn’t fair. That isn’t the case with God, He will always give what you earned.
His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. (Matthew 25:21)
– If you’re good and faithful, you will get into Heaven. God rewards these type of servants.
If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. (John 15:7)
– God promises to give whatever we ask for as long as we are abiding in Him, and He in us.
Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. (John 15:14)
– Many people can profess themselves as Christians, but not many can claim themselves as “Friends of God”. These workers are the only ones that God considers to be His friend.
For the wages of sin is death;….Romans 6:23 KJV
– Living a life of sin is your decision. I mean at the end of the day, you have your own free-will. Just know God will give you what you deserve, death.
And that servant, which knew his lord’s will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. (Luke 12:47)
– We all know what we should do, but if we choose not to, we will be punished because of it.
But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me. (Luke 19:27)
– God is merciful, but His word says He will slay all of those that didn’t want Him to be God completely over their lives.
God has really opened my eyes to the fact that, every single thing in life has a consequence. Imagine if a couple of guys robbed a bank. They repented and cried out to God. Of course the law still has to deal with them, even after they are forgiven. Jesus loves us, but whatever we do, whether good or evil, has a consequence.
Don’t ever get to the point in your life where you have the impression that the grace of God is a license to sin. Jesus died to free us from sin, not to let us freely sin. We have to understand that by Jesus dying, it really showed His love for us, and the only way we can respond to that love is by our obedience to Him (John 14:15).
Every thing you do now determines your tomorrow. If you want to grow spiritually, you will have to let go of your selfish desires and pick up the bible. Start praying and fasting, less of us and more of Him (John 3:30). If you don’t care about your soul and do nothing to benefit it, you will die spiritually, even if you aren’t sinning. What you feed will live, and what you starve will die.
But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. (Luke 13:27)
– If we live a life of sin, we won’t see God.
– When we claim to be saved we have to try our best to live that Christian lifestyle, every single day.
– No one wants to hear those words from God’s mouth . We all find sin fun of course, but we have to deny ourselves so we do not hear God say this. After we fall in love with God, we will fall out of love with sin.
Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: (Hebrews 12:14)
– The bible says we must do these things in order for us to see God’s face.
– Not only live holy, but try our best to live at peace with everyone. Even those who we disagree with and those who hate, abuse, or even use us.
Of course some may read this and think “Tovares, you are asking for too much. I can’t handle it.” Or maybe you’re saying, “That is not even necessary, don’t be too deep.” All I can say to you is that it is possible to live holy everyday of your life, even if we stumble. To others, don’t live your entire life and get a rude awakening on judgment day. Live your life everyday in such a way that’ll please God. Also live positively, try to impact the world.
Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. (Luke 13:24)
Never give up guys, keep pressing. Don’t live for the now, always remember that your now determines your eternity!