Have you ever reached to the point where you’re completely confused and just want to scream, curse, or do something you may regret? Asking God, “why me? What did I do to deserve this? How come I’m serving you the best way I know how and it seems the more I try is the harder it gets?” This is common in everyone’s life, your struggle may be different than mine, but we will all struggle.
Questions like these show us a few things:
• We either don’t read our bible or don’t believe it, because the bible says we will have problems.
• Your faith needs to elevate because fear is playing tricks on your mind.
• We expect God to give us an easy life, but that is far from the truth.
• We are not quite sure how God develops character.
God is saying in return, “Why not you? How can you be afraid because of bills, when I promised to be a provider? Why are you crying, because I allowed you to be sick? You won’t die, I want you to endure something for my glory. I can raise the dead and you question my power at every obstacle?
No matter how big your problems are or how confusing your life gets, always remember, God is in control. If I want to testify to nonbelievers that God is a healer, wouldn’t someone have to be sick first for me to know that? If I wanted the world to know that God is all they need, then wouldn’t I have to be down to nothing? We can’t testify of what we do not know or haven’t seen. God doesn’t like false witnesses (Proverbs 6:19). Someone has to go through something for us to know that our God is the only God and He is able to do great things.
Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all. (Psalms 34:19)
• Afflictions are a promise from God. You will have to go through something if you’re a righteous person. However, the bible also promises that God will deliver us from them all!
• People breakdown under pressure when they’re not totally dependent on God. You were actually trusting in your own intellect, money, friends etc., but now you’re overwhelmed because your resources failed and your faith wasn’t in God. Put your faith back in Him, man will fail you.
Afflictions actually help you:
• Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word. (Psalm 119:67)
• It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes. (Psalms 119:71)
• Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. (James 1:3)
• Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. (1 Peter 4:12-13)
I cannot tell anyone that afflictions are easy to handle, that would be a lie. We just have to know, God wouldn’t give us more than we could handle. Half of the battles you face would’ve caused someone else to lose their mind! God knows He could ONLY trust you with this obstacle. His toughest battles go to His toughest soldiers. He gives us tough tests to show us how much potential we have in our lives. God has to break us down to pieces before He gives us that breakthrough! The anointing over our lives will not be recognized or maximized to its maximum potential until we have much problems to overcome.
It is time for this generation of believers to stop worrying and start worshiping. It is time for us to stop complaining and start praising. God is going to get the glory through you, if you allow Him. He’s refining you in the fire. Jesus couldn’t rise as king if He wasn’t first crucified. There will be no crown given to those who won’t crucify their will, flesh, and carnal mindset. God gives beauty for ashes (Isaiah 61:3), so you have to be burnt to get this beauty. I know this is a difficult thing to grasp or want to accept, but God also gave you another promise concerning this: If you suffer with Him, you will reign with Him (2 Timothy 2:12).
Children of God, you are not weak! Even if you are, God’s word said you are to declare that you are strong (Joel 3:10). Start turning to God in the midst of trials. Get into His word and His presence, don’t just turn to people. God has a purpose that He wants to fulfill in your life, will you allow Him?