And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. (Genesis 2:7)
God formed man out of dust. We were nonexistent, nothing to be admired, looked on or of even worth. Even when God formed us, we had no use whatsoever. Adam BECAME a living soul AFTER God breathed into him.
This is the very reason we need the breath of God to blow on and within us. Without God’s spirit we would still be dead and useless. Without His spirit, we would still be in sin, the world, and lost without a hope of salvation. When Jesus’ death reached our hearts and the moment we surrendered to Him, God breathed life into us.
God uses the outcasts, the rejected, the broken, poor, and the weak to show the world that we are all nothing without Him, but we can do everything THROUGH Him. It isn’t about where you came from, as long as God is behind you, nothing can stop you (Romans 8:31). Degrees, beauty, riches, and popularity doesn’t matter. The only thing that matters is that God is with us, nothing will be able to stop us then.
The children of Israel were labeled as a valley of dry bones (Ezekiel 37).
– Dry bones have no more use, you surely cannot find anything to do with them.
– There was absolutely NO life in them, so you know people ignored and gave up on them.
– When Ezekiel prophesied and believed God, The Lord breathed on the bones and they began to come together.
– Not only did they come together, but they became a great army.
It doesn’t matter how insignificant you were, when God breathes on you, you become great and you’re equipped to do His work.
– Moses had a speech impediment, but God used him.
– Timothy was young, but God used him.
– David killed and committed adultery, yet God used him.
– Paul was once a murderer of believers and turned into a GREAT missionary.
– We have our imperfections, flaws and carnal ways that make us feel that we cannot fulfill God’s call, but if you feel that way just ask Him to breathe on you once again. David was still a man after God’s heart. Many may judge you by your mistake, but you are not your mistake. You’re God’s child!
When God breathes in you, your spirit is awakened. Pray for God to breathe on you once again. Even if you feel He’s not listening, just keep seeking. Keep praying and reading His word. His word says He will fill you when you are hungry/thirsty.
In the beginning, when God decided to make the world, His Word says the earth was void and without a shape. However, it said that the Spirit of God moved on the waters (Genesis 1:2). God had to move on the earth before He went further. God wants to breathe on us once again. In the book of Acts, God poured His spirit out while the people were praying (Acts 2). That’s because He said in Luke 24:49, that they should wait for Him to empower them. Acts 1:8, said the Holy Spirit will give us power. Let’s not go further without asking God to breathe on us, ask Him today. God bless!
– Tovares Grey